Thursday, February 08, 2007

Tiny Happy bag



Long time no writing, happens way too often around here... the reason is I'm too slow to take pictures, and posting without pictures is just too boring! So, I grabbed the camera and took a picture of my latest "creation": a Tiny Happy Shoulderbag! I have wanted to make this ever since I saw it on Whip Up (I think?), and just fell in love with it! It is truly my kind of bag: goes across over the shoulder (ehh how does one say that? across the chest?), easy to stick your hand in, and search for the keys/wallet/mints/knitting/whatever I need, and it just looks so good :)

The bag is made of a mix of leftovers from my box of fabric... so the stripy part is from a skirt I made earlier, the blue is from making new covers for an old chair at my parents place (which reminds me that I should finish that! love the chair, love the blue fabric, just didn't get the measures 100% right so it needs a little more sewing) and was bought at IKEA for almost nothing/metre. The lining is the leftovers from another skirt, and has originally been some very cute blue and white patterned curtains, that I bought at a second hand store close to where I live.

I gave up on the button-thing (I really suck at making those fancy little straps and placing the button at the right spot), so I just sew in "silk" ribbons from a "knit your own princess-slippers"-kit I bought a long time ago. I like the girly spring/summer look it has to it, not too girly and fuzzy but just cute, plain and ...perfect for me!

So... thanks for a really easy pattern, that makes the perfect bag! I have used it every day since I made it, and it has passed the big "going out with Elisabeth to shop-test" ;)

Lige siden jeg første gang så denne taske på Whip Up, har jeg haft lyst til at lave den! Det er en Tiny Happy Shoulderbag og afgjort min drømmetaske! Den går over skulderen, hen over brystet (jeg har smalle skuldre, så dem der hænger på én skulder falder altid af), er nem at stikke hånden i for at finde nøgler/pung/strikketøjet/hvad jeg nu ikke kan finde, og så er den bare for sød ;)

Stoffet er rester fra "lageret" - det stribede er fra en nederdel, det blå fra nye betræk til hynderne i en lænestol, og foret er rester efter endnu en nederdel, stoffet er fra et par gardiner købt på genbrug. Jeg har opgivet at få styr på knapper og stropper, så jeg syede et par bindebånd i, "silkebånd" fra et "strik selv tøfler"-kit.