Thursday, July 28, 2005

Progress on Empire


This isn't going as fast as I would like, but that is my own fault... I'm too lazy to knit anything more demanding than garter or stockinette stitch *hehe* Besides, I've made jam with plums and baked for two days now :) The colour in this picture is the one that got closest to real life...

Here is a close up of the "Candlelabra cable effect" which is really easy to knit:

The colour doesn't look anything like it should, but I like the texture.

Since my brain doesn't let me knit anything too complicated at the moment, I've done a bit of stashbusting! I've had some black Hifa wool, perfect for felting, in my stash for some time now, thinking about a third Sophie... So I started knitting, and soon realised, that I wouldn't have the ca. 200 m. black yarn I'd hoped for, but more like 150 m. What to do? Find some green leftovers from "Sukkertrøjen" and a ball of green yarn I presume is wool... and make stripes! Right now I'm waiting for a washing maschine, but I hope I'll have pictures for you later this evening :) (yes, I did take a "pre-felting-photo", but you won't get it until I have the "post-felting-photo" too ;))

2 comments:

Karina said...

Hej.
Jamen så venter jeg i spænding - kigger ind senere på dagen for at se billeder. Jeg har selv noget HIFA i forskellige farver liggende - ved endnu ikke hvad det skal bruges til.

Hilsner fra
Karina
http:/www.123hjemmeside.dk/strikkekrogh

Anonymous said...

Åh, Empire blir jättefin! Jag har också haft den på min vill-göra-lista länge nu, kanske dags att sätta igång... Jag ser fram emot fortsatta progress reports :)